6G-XR 1st OPEN CALL IS NOW CLOSED!
6G-XR Platform and Network Enablers
- 6G-XR Open Call 1 Information Document (pdf)
- Proposal Template (docx)
- Declaration of Honour (docx)
- Draft Third Party Agreement (pdf)
The purpose of the open call is to address identified gaps in the 6G-XR infrastructures and targets the development and extension of the four research infrastructures to make them ready for advanced experimentation in upcoming project open calls for experimentation. In particular, the project is looking for 1) networking, computing enablers; 2) XR enablers; 3) RAN enablers; and 4) Sustainability enablers for local green energy, controlling energy sources and charging/discharging, energy measurement and optimization solutions in terms of the following implementations. A more detailed description of the topics can be found in the 6G-XR Open Call 1 Information Document.
- Automated IP network measurement system
- Edge discovery API
- Holographics API
- CAMARA QoD implementation over Open5GS
- Fab Lab digital twin environment
- Advancing Heterogeneous XR Capture Systems
- XR fusion
- Wireless Connectivity for XR Sensors
- Encoding solutions optimized for Point Cloud/Volumetric Video compression
- Low-latency or scalable streaming protocols and methods for XR
- QoE assessment models and methods for XR experiences
- XR Interaction and Collaboration Software Modules and APIs
- Multi-sensory communications and interactions
- End-to-end slicing with RAN resource sharing
- RAN or Sustainability enablers for local green energy, controlling energy sources and charging/discharging, energy measurement and optimization solutions
The 6G-XR 1st Open Call Information Webinar slides can be downloaded here.
|Open Call||Project duration||Max funding (€)||No of projects||Total funding (€)|
|6G-XR-OC1||6 months||60.000||8||480.000 €|
For the implementation of the third party project, a total lump sum of the awarded amount will be paid upon the completion of the project. No advance payments will be made. Budget categories that are accepted include: Personnel costs; Travel costs; Overhead (indirect) costs – 25% of total direct costs.
The payment of the total amount will be made once the project activities have been performed completely, the deliverables and final report have been reviewed and accepted by the 6G-XR project and a final decision on the approval of the third party project and deliverables has been issued.
- The proposal is submitted by a legal entity established and based in one of the EU Member States or a Horizon Europe Associated country. The targeted organisations in this Call are:
- Research/scientific organisation;
- The proposal is submitted by a single party. The submission of proposals by consortia is not eligible.
- The proposer CANNOT BE AFFILIATED TO ANY OF THE CONSORTIUM PARTNERS OF THE 6G-XR PROJECT.
- The proposal complies with the type of activity qualified for financial support:
- Personnel costs for development of software and equipment;
- Travel costs;
- Overhead costs (25% of the direct costs).
- The proposal is submitted in English.
- The proposal is submitted through the official Open Call Submission Tool on the 6G-XR website providing all the required documents (completed proposal template and declaration of honour).
- The proposal has been submitted within the deadline. Late proposals will not be admitted.
- The proposal complies with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) regarding all personal data that might be included in the proposal.
The open call proposers are encouraged to contact the 6G-XR consortium and share their intentions in order to verify the feasibility of their proposals to be implemented in the scope of the project. The feasibility check will be carried out by the 6G-XR consortium partners acting as Mentor organisations with the support of other partners as needed. The description of the experimental facilities in Section 2 of the OC1 Information document provides insights of the state and targets of each of the facilities and hence proposals should adhere to those targets.
Initial feedback will be provided for the proposed planned activities. In order to receive feedback, a description of planned experiment (sections A, B, C and J of the proposal template) must be submitted through the 6G-XR Open Call Submission Tool on the project’s website by the designated deadline (Tuesday, 31 October 2023 at 17:00 CET). Actual feasibility check of the proposal will be conducted after the submission deadline.
Proposers must apply ONLY through the 6G-XR Open Call Submission Tool available here below. In order to submit your proposal, please complete the online form and attach the required documents (Proposal Template and Declaration of Honour).
Important information is already included in the available Open Call 1 documents (Information Document, Proposal Template, Declaration of Honour, Draft Third Party Agreement). Please review thoroughly these documents as well as the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Open Call 1 page.
If the answer to your question cannot be found in the documentation, you can send your question to the following email address: email@example.com. In case your question refers to technical details of the offered research infrastructure, you can send your question to the same email address firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning which infrastructure the question relates to.
Questions can be sent at the latest 7 calendar days before the submission deadline.